Here's why we can do that.
We are so confident in our order optimization capabilities that we can literally promise you that every D2C order will be optimized, based on the rules you establish for the order.
We're so confident, in fact, that we'll pay the difference on any order that doesn't meet that 100% order optimization bar.
How can you be so certain that an order is fully optimized?
An optimized order takes advantage of the best options that are currently available at that exact moment in time. There is a full audit-trail on every order that records where inventory was available across the network at that time, which carriers and service levels were shopped and what their rates were. Then, the chosen option is shown in addition to the other available options that were not chosen.
What does the guarantee cover?
Our software gives you the ability to select how you want to optimize an order, including speed of delivery. So, our guarantee applies only to those orders that have been assigned the “lowest delivered cost” option, which is most common for order optimization.
Does it work with all carriers?
Our guarantee applies only where the locations, service levels, carriers, and cartonization settings have been verified as accurate by your team and live for more than 30 days to ensure any/all other variables have been addressed.
What factors are considered in determining if an order is fully optimized?
Our software evaluates several areas for optimization:
- Multi-source – Across suppliers if applicable. All fulfillment methods can be considered here. Shipping from stock (owned location), from 3PLs, drop shipping from a supplier, doing regional supplier cross-docking, shipping to-store/from-store or any other configured method.
- Multi-location - Inventory Visibility & available inventory (unallocated) to determine if it was shipped from the best location possible. This includes all locations, including 3PLs, multiple DCs, even retail locations if desired.
- Cartonization to determine if it was shipped in ideal packaging to optimize shipping costs.
- Carrier and Service Level Rate shopping to determine that the lowest price was selected.
- Also available - SLA oversight to monitor your performance against your required SLAs with online retail partners/channels.